Riptide Surf & Co. (Logo)

 Riptide Surf & Co.

I decided to design a surfing company, since I enjoyed surfing when I was a kid. The logo I decided to illustrate represents a surfing company named “Riptide”. I added waves, and a pretty turquoise color to represent the ocean. Surfing has a lot of significance and meaning in my life, as it makes me feel at ease and grounded in nature. It may be a communal pastime, but it also provides opportunities for isolation and introspection. I find solace in the quiet moments while waiting for the right wave. Surfing was a hobby for me and all my cousins and uncles, and I became very interested in it. I learned how to surf in Hawaii, and it was the most beautiful day of my life. Surfing is connected to a great sensation of freedom. When you catch a wave, you feel like you're soaring on water, and all troubles and distractions drift away for a brief while. It's the sensation of being totally alive and liberated in the current moment. I will always cherish the connection to the waves when you surf, and with that I decided to create a company and logo based off of that. 

As I was brainstorming on how to create a logo for the surfing company, I thought of how the word "Riptide" has a strong and dynamic connotation, frequently connected with the ocean's powerful currents. I believe the name will suit the surfing company, as this is a company built right on the water, there will be rental boards available, as well as many professional surfers to provide lessons to our customers, and some cool merchandise. 

    The four key words that portray the message I am illuminating from my logo would be: vibrant, refreshing, adventure, and serene. 

Generated AI:



My logos:



Merchandise and Business card:    









The business card and merchandise I designed is my perspective of when I think of surfing. A bright, fun, welcoming company is what I was going for. I wanted the business cards and merchandise to be authentic and creative. I chose to go with the full blue logo on the T-shirt, to keep it unique. I also kept the business cards with the same blue logo since that is the logo I chose to go with. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #1